Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
DEADLINE: IJNR Field Reporting Awards
IJNR is accepting proposals until May 14, 2021 for our Field Reporting Awards.
IJNR invites proposals for grants to help defray the costs of reporting projects that focus on natural resources, the environment, energy, development, agriculture, environmental justice and public health.
- Mary Hager Award (for an early-career female journalist whose proposal focuses on the public-health impacts of the environment)
- Indigenous Reporting Award
- Environmental Justice Reporting Award
- Guerry Beam Memorial Award
- Andrew Weegar Memorial Award
- Frank Allen Field Reporting Award
Reporting projects must be based in or otherwise directly related to North America.
The purpose of these grants is to provide financial support for qualified, professional journalists, in order to allow them to report on important topics that they may not otherwise be able to cover.
Grant money may be spent on any costs incurred for normal reporting activities: travel, lodging, research, etc. If you have questions, please feel free to ask: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Journalists of color and other underrepresented or minority journalists are strongly encouraged to apply.