Volunteers are the lifeblood of SEJ. Member-volunteers organize tours and panels for the conference, implement the awards program, contribute to the SEJournal, serve as mentors and sit on any number of committees. Absent our member-volunteers, SEJ could not achieve the results it does.
- Annual conference panel organizer. Next conference is June 2-6, 2021 in Boise, Idaho (fingers crossed!). Conference director: Jay Letto
- Awards judge. Deadline for SEJ's Awards for Reporting on the Environment is April 1 annually (with rare exceptions). Contest coordinator: Chris Bruggers, email, 202-558-2022
- Become a mentor. There's an application on the program page.
- Diversity outreach. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee. Contact SEJ board member Lyndsey Gilpin
- Get involved in freedom-of-information issues. SEJ advocates for access to environmental information and supporting media's right to know on behalf of the public. Freedom of Information Task Force. Chair: Tim Wheeler
- Write for SEJournal. Our weekly e-newsletter is published on Wednesdays and posted online here. Editor: Adam Glenn
- Interested in leadership positions? Chair of the Governance Committee: Bobby Magill